Meet our first keynote speaker, Giuseppe De Simone, with a talk “Leadership in today’s world”!
Topic: Leadership in today’s world
About the talk:
In an era of global challenges, volatile markets and exponentially faster changes, it is impossible to rely on the ability of a few people to be able to take all the necessary decisions at a time suitable for the business needs. Therefore, leadership can not be seen just as a skill or trait of a limited number of roles: it must be seen as an organizational capability to grow.
The empirical evidence agile42 got from multiple client engagements, supports the model that there are no leadership behaviors that are inherently positive or negative. Rather, there are leadership behaviors which are more or less appropriate within a certain context and a given group of people.
Therefore building agility into leadership is key: the ability to make sense of the circumstances and flexibly adopt behaviors which are coherent with what coworkers feel comfortable with. Instead incoherent behaviors are those that are not helpful within a specific situation and might be perceived negatively in the given context.
In this talk we will explore how an effective leader in today’s world can adopt a multi-dimensional adaptable leadership approach and use the appropriate leadership behavior which fits the specific situation as well as creates the least “motivational debt”. We will also introduce some practical tools for self-reflection and improvement of personal leadership behaviors and skills.
Giuseppe De Simone is an engineer, leader, coach and trainer, passionate about helping leaders, teams and organizations become more productive and resilient. Being a Certified Scrum Trainer, Agile Coach and Leadership Educator, Giuseppe is one of the very few in the world holding all the guide level certifications from Scrum Alliance. Currently he leads the agile42 branch in Sweden. He has been working for almost 25 years in product development with different roles and in the last 12 years he has helped companies in various industries to create more human and skillful work environments. He has embarked on a mission to democratize leadership skills for everyone. Giuseppe has spoken at several conferences, regularly writes articles and holds webinars about agility, change management, culture, leadership and coaching.
- Building agility into an international bank, while making employees happier. UniCredit Bank Agile Gathering 2022, Milan, December 2022
- The ideal company culture: is there one?. HR Dagen 2022, Stockholm, November 2022
- Sustainable solutions for learning organizations. Personal & Chef 2022, Stockholm, September 2022
- How (and why) your Agile transition will fail. Global Scrum Gathering, Vienna, October 2019
- Training young agile minds. XP 2018, Porto, May 2018
- Managing in the Century of Networked Society. Agile Greece Summit, Athens, September 2016
- Amplify Agile. XP 2016, Edinburgh, May 2016
- Managing in the Century of Networked Society. agile42 Connect Conference Berlin, November 2015
- The Mango Tree – How to make your company Agile, Agile Tour Vilnius, October 2015
- How to make your company Agile. Lean Tribe Gathering Stockholm, December 2013
- The 12 ingredients of a successful Agile transformation. Agile Prague 2013 Conference, Prague September 2013
- Learning to be a manager in the age of Agile. LESS 2012 Conference, Tallinn November 2012
- Behavior Driven Development…from the trenches. Ericsson Agile Conference China, Shanghai June 2012
- Learning to be a manager in the age of Agile. Agile Croatia Conference, Zadar May 2012
- Driving Agile Transformation by encouraging right behaviors. Ericsson Agile Conference, Helsinki October 2011