Some of the main Scrum goals are to be able to prioritize often and have less paperwork done. This contradicts with the project-based software development where project scope and deadlines are pre-defined and signed-off by customer. This session presents how Videobet has implemented Scrum in such an environment.
- Agile Enterprise Patterns
- Project definition and how it collides with Scrum/Agile values
- The role of the Product Owner in a project-based environment
- The role of the Scrum Master in a project-based environment
- Scrum of Scrums!? Multiple concurrent projects management
- User stories, point estimation and velocity charts – are they relevant at all?
- In-sprint testers role vs. QA role
- Tools and infrastructure to support Agile transformation
Ethan Ram is the chief architect of Videobet, the Tallinn division of Playtech, developing one of the most advanced gaming platforms in the gaming market. Among his recent project he has led the Agile transformation of Videobet development and operations groups to work in Scrum. The project started late last year and is now past its climax. Before Videobet Ethan was working as the R&D manager of a web-based gaming startup where he transformed the development group to work in Kanban with Continuous Deployment environment.