Agile Saturday XV – second keynote speaker
Greetings agile people!
Time flies and we are getting closer and closer to our next Agile Saturday XV.
Time to introduce our second keynote speaker!
Our second keynote speaker is Kaimar Karu and he will talk about
“Cynefin and sense-making in the digital world”.
Here is the abstract to get you curious:
Cynefin (meaning ‘habitat’ in Welsh) is a sense-making framework, developed by Dave Snowden, and used for improving situational awareness and helping with decision-making by managers and hands-on professionals in various industries, including IT. The framework differentiates between ordered and unordered systems and introduces five domains (simple, complicated, complex, chaotic, and disorder) that make it easier to identify the best next steps in any (challenging) situation.
The session introduces the basic concepts in Cynefin and describes its applicability to IT management and DevOps. We will cover the following:
– Supporting organisational change initiatives and transformation programs
– How to recognise your context and choose suitable methods
– How to make decisions in complex environments
– How to avoid ‘one size fits all’ approaches
– How to enable and support innovation
– How to support continual improvement